The Victims

The garments on display are the original clothes of murdered women from all sectors, religions and nationalities who share a horrible fate.

This original soundtrack created for the display includes lullabies in 15 languages (Hebrew, Arabic, Amharic, Russian, Spanish, French, Persian, Romanian, Moroccan and more), a gesture of kindness to the women and girls whose voices will never be heard again.


Iris Gorelik 

Murdered on Monday,  April 30th, 2013. She was 39 years old.

Iris, an only child to her mother, immigrated to Israel from St. Petersburg and studied Statistics at the University. She married a man she met at work and they had three children.

Approximately four years after her divorce, she was murdered by her ex-husband and his new wife.
They carved her body to pieces and melted it in caustic soda. Her son discovered his mother's murder by chance, in the Internet.

In his investigation, her ex-husband confessed to the murder and told the investigators he hid his car in a nearby Arab village to cover his tracks. 

Iris worked in the Ministry of Education for 18 years and was dearly loved.
She loved to wear T-shirts and jeans and adored scarves. Green was her favourite colour.

Her murderer was sentenced to life in prison, and his wife is serving a 15 years sentence, after being convicted as an accomplice to murder.



Doaa Abu Sharich

Murdered on Saturday, September 24th, 2016. She was 32 years old.

Doaa was murdered in front of her children. She was on her way to bring them to their father, from whom she divorced. After Doaa was shot, one of her daughters ran to her aunt's house to call for help. Doaa was still alive when a crowd of people arrived, but no one did anything to help her, and she bled to death.

Doaa's husband often beat her up. He once broke her nose. He took their children and didn't allow her to see them. On the evening of her murder, he agreed to let her see the children. That same evening, she was shot by a masked man with a silenced gun.

Two years before her murder Doaa was kidnapped, but managed to escape. She was offered to go to a women' shelter but refused, saying she'd rather be killed at her home, near her parents.

Her sisters remember how she loved to get dressed, was always groomed and matched her clothes to her mandil (scarf).

Her murder was never solved.



Dafna Bar Zion

Murdered on Thursday, August 14th, 2014. She was 49 years old.

Dafna asked to end her relationship with her former partner, Ilan Ben Ami.

She was a strong and independent woman. On the day of her murder, she went over to Ben Ami's apartment, an apartment she rented for him, to help him get settled in.

He asked her to get back together. She refused, and he responded by smashing her skull with a hammer.

Dafna was a well- known figure in Tel Aviv. She was an active musician and a business woman who was the owner of a restaurant . She loved fashion and had a collection of vintage clothes.

Shortly before her death, Dafna supported the production of the film 'Good Mood', which dealt with violence against women. After her murder, the filmmakers included one of Dafna's songs in the film, and dedicated it to her.

The colourful flower shirt represents Dafna's joyous nature. The fur coat was one of her favourites, so is the belt she always wore.

The murderer was sentenced to life in prison. 



Limor Rimokh

Murdered on January 23rd, 2013. She was 28 years old.

Limor and her partner lived in Tel Aviv. Limor worked hard and was the main provider, and even paid for her partner's debts. When she decided to break up with him and leave Tel Aviv, she returned to her parents' home in the city of Ashdod.

About two years after they broke up, she asked her parents to drive her to Tel Aviv to visit a friend. When she didn't return and didn't answer her phone, her parents called the police. Her brother drove to Tel Aviv to look for her, searching her friends' houses, searching the streets – but didn't find her anywhere. Limor disappeared without a track.

The next morning, Limor's boss called her parents and reported she never showed up at work. Later on, Limor's mother said that Limor always said – 'If I don't show up at work, it's only because I'm dead'.

The dress is the dress Limor wore in the morning of her murder, right before she left for Tel Aviv.

Her murderer was sentenced to 12 years in prison, following a plea bargain. 



Ganit tsinman

Murdered on Friday evening, March 1st, 1996. She was 22 years old.

Ganit was murdered by her boyfriend, following a brief 3 month relationship, after she decided she isn't interested in him anymore.

Ganit met her murderer in an English class at the University of Haifa. He was an American student who came to study in Israelץ He fell in love with Ganit who was an intelligent young woman, a feminist  and an activist for women's rights.

A week after Ganit ended the relationship, her ex-boyfriend called her, begging her to see him. When she arrived, he cruelly slashed her throat and stabbed her to death.

The shirt was Ganit's favourite item of clothing. The dress was sewn by Ganit herself, and she loved to wear it.

The murderer was sentenced to life in prison, but his sentence was mitigated to 33 years.



Alla Daher 

Murdered on Thursday, January 20th, 2011. She was 18 and a half years old.

Alla studied medicine in Moldova. When she came home for vacation, she went to visit her sister in Ramallah. When she arrived, she called her mother. That was the last time they spoke.

Her older sister phoned their mother and asked where Alla was. At the same time, their young sister read that a young woman was murdered in a taxi in Ramallah. In the evening, the police came to the family's house and told them the horrible news – Alla was murdered.

Alla's partner objected to her studies and didn't want her to travel to Moldova. He wanted her to stay with him. When she refused, he took her passport away. Alla and her mother filed a complaint, but the case was closed and the police didn't take any action.

Alla was a vibrant, energetic woman, full of life and laughter. She was dearly loved by her family and friends.

She wore the hooded sweatshirt before every test, it was her lucky sweatshirt. The pants she loved are worn by her sister, to honour her memory. The doctor scrubs – from her medicine school in Moldolva. The shoulder bag was with her when she took her final breaths.

Alla's murder was never solved.



Anat Elimelech

Murdered on December 2nd, 1997. She was 23 years old.

A week before her murder, Anat's partner locked her up in his home, threatening her with a weapon. When the police arrived, Anat told them everything was fine.  She was afraid for him and didn't want to harm him.

Anat was a beautiful, independent young woman, extremely talented and very outspoken. She was a successful model and actress and her partner was very possessive of her, often interrogating her about imagined relationships with others. Such interactions usually led to threats about hurting her and himself.

On the day of her murder Anat went to University, but never arrived. For some reason, she stopped over at her partner's house, and that's where her life ended.

At the murder scene, the police found a gun near Anat's hand, and the media immediately  announced that Anat murdered her partner and committed suicide. Her family never believed this version, and after a thorough investigation the police declared that it was the other way around.  Anat was the victim, her partner was the murderer.  

Anat was buried at a special plot designated for people who committed suicide (a Jewish tradition). Following the renewed investigation and its results, her body was transferred to another area of the cemetery and her family had to go through the agony of burying her once again.

The skirt was made especially for Anat, for a Festival show. 

The murderer committed suicide. 



Shlomit Alkobi 

Murdered on a Saturday evening, on September 30th, 2005. She was 26 years old.

Shlomit worked in a hotel in Eilat, as the manager in charge of hiring foreign employees. One of them, an Indian worker, fell obsessively in love with her.

On the last time when she arrived home, the town of Kiryat Ata, she tried to get a divorce from her husband. He told her he will never let her go.

Disappointed, Shlomit returned to Eilat. A week afterwards, she was murdered by her Indian partner.

Her mother tells that on the day of the murder she and Shlomit had their usual conversation before Shabbat. They wished each other a good Shabbat (Shabbat Shalom) and ended the conversation. That was the last time they spoke.

Her partner strangled her to death. During this time, he called the police four times but they didn't understand what he was saying and arrived only after the fourth call. By the time they arrived, Shlomit was already dead.

Shlomit wore the shirt and cardigan on her last birthday. She bought the golf shirt to keep warm in winter, since she suffered badly from the cold.

The murderer was sentenced to life in prison. His sentence was mitigated to 32 years, following which he will be deported from Israel



Fatma Elhib

Murdered on Thursday, June 12th, 2014. She was 13 and a half years old.

Fatma's cousin wanted to marry her, but she refused .He threatened her , saying he will make her sorry for it. Fatma said: "You should be ashamed of yourself, you NAZEL (bastard)". He said – "Give me 24 hours, I will show you who's a NAZEL".

When Fatma's sister studied for a test, her mother invited her to sit outside with her in the sun. They took a tray of soft drinks out, and when her mother went inside to fetch glasses she heard a gunshot. When she ran outside she saw Fatma bleeding. Fatma said: "they killed me, they killed me". Her mother and sister tried to save her, but failed.

Fatma was born to a liberal family. She was an outspoken girl, full of life and joy. She asked her mother to buy her a horse, although this wasn't acceptable where she lived. She said she doesn't care what others think of her, she wants to live her life the way she chooses. 

Fatma's father died of cancer two months before she was murdered. Since the murder, her mother wears only black. Her clothes are hung right next to her daughter's.

These are the clothes Fatma wore to a family wedding. It was the last wedding she attended.

Her murderer and his accomplices, including Fatma's brother, were sentenced to 15 years in prison. 



Malkam Tasra 

Murdered on Sunday, November 7th, 2010. She was 26 years old.

Malkam was an independent, hard working woman. She managed to save enough money to buy her own house, and was a warm and kind person, who helped everyone around her. She had no enemies. Malkam was divorced and had one daughter.

One day, her parents decided to introduce her to a young man. Six months after they met, he murdered her.

At the time of the murder, family members were present in the couple's home – Malkam's older brother, Malkam's mother, her parter's mother and their neighbour. They all arrived after Malkam asked her partner's mother to calm down her son because he became violent.

When everyone was in the living room, Malkam entered the bedroom to prepare a travel bag for her daughter, who luckily wasn't in the house at the time. Suddenly, her partner entered the room and stabbed her once in the back. When she turned to him, he stabbed her several times in the chest.

Malkam ran out of the room, fell down the stairs and had a concussion. She later died from the knife wounds.

Today, Malkam's mother raises her daughter.

The murderer was sentenced to 20 years in prison. 



Salamlak Tasra 

Murdered on Sunday, October 25th, 2015. She was 35 years old.

Salmalak was divorced, and raised her 4 year old daughter on her own. It was important for her to be independent, and after her divorce she bought her half of the apartment from her ex-husband.

After her while, she met her second husband and they had two daughters. Her husband demanded that their apartment is registered on his name, but she refused. From that moment on, he started to threaten her. "One of your daughters was already murdered, I don't want you to go through that again", he told Salmalak's mother.

Salmalak's apartment in Netanya remained locked up after her murder. All of her personal belongings are still there and the police hold the key.  Salmalak's mother pays the debts remaining for the apartment. 

Today, she raises salmalak's three daughters.

The murderer was sentenced to 20 years in prison.